Contour Next Test Strips Features
Contour NEXT EZ Test Strips are designed for use with the Contour NEXT blood glucose meter. Contour Next blood glucose test strips are available in a convenient box of 50 with a full range of helpful features.
- These high-performance test strips offer next generation accuracy people with diabetes can rely on this.
- The Multi-pulse technology is designed to evaluate a single blood sample 7 times for a higher level of accuracy.
- No coding means the correct code is automatically set to eliminate the possibility of inaccurate results.
- Sip-In Sampling actually sips in a persons blood sample for ease of use.
- Less blood is needed for testing with a small 0.6 µL blood sample.
- Results are available in just 5 quick seconds.
Whats The Difference Between Ascensia And Bayer
Bayer became Ascensia Diabetes Care in 2016, taking over all its diabetes products, including the full line of Contour Next meter models. Bayer had manufactured diabetes management tools since the 1940s and 50s, including the Clinitest for urine glucose testing and the brick-sized home glucometers first available in the 1980s.
Best For Travel: Freestyle Lite Blood Glucose Monitoring System
Courtesy of FreeStyle
Works on multiple testing sites
Large, backlit display
Small enough to fit pockets
Less accurate than non-travel meters
When youre on the move, a compact and minimally invasive glucometer can be the key to successful diabetes management. This pick from FreeStyle is designed with travel in mind. Its small enough to fit easily in your pocket or purse, and it has a large enough LED display to be easy to read. It requires a smaller blood sample size than most monitors to provide an accurate reading in just five seconds, and it works on several testing sites, so you can give your fingertips a rest whenever necessary.
The FreeStyle Lite doesnt require coding, keeping your testing process simple no matter where you are. The monitor can store up to 400 results, noting both the date and time, and it provides 7-, 14-, and 30-day averages, too. It also comes with four alarm reminders to help keep you on track when your daily routine fluctuates.
Result Speed: 5 seconds | Included in Kit: Test light, reminder alarms, test strips sold separately
You May Like: Medication For Weight Loss And Diabetes
How Accurate Is The Contour Next One
The Contour Next ONE is the most accurate blood sugar meter Ascensia has available. Clinical data shows the Ascensia Contour Next ONE meter using Contour Next test strips meets the Food and Drug Administrations tightened accuracy requirements and that 95 percent of the time, it has the smallest error range within 8.4 mg/dL of reference results, whether the test result is above or below 100 mg/dL.
Best Talking: Prodigy No Coding Blood Glucose Test Strips
Courtesy of Amazon
No control solution included
If you’re visually impaired, trying to read a glucometer several times a day can feel really frustrating. Fortunately, this monitor can guide you through the testing process and read your results aloud for you. It communicates in four different languagesEnglish, Spanish, French, and Arabic.
Its one of the best glucose monitors in terms of accuracy, so you feel confident in your reading. It doesnt require you to code new test strips each time, either.
This kit includes the Prodigy Autocode blood glucose monitoring system, 100 test strips, an adjustable depth lancing device, 10 twist-top lancets, two batteries, a carrying case, a data logbook, and a user manual. The device itself can store up to 450 readings in its internal memory, and it has a standard USB port that enables you to download your test data to your computer for easier management.
Result Speed: 7 seconds | Included in Kit: 100 test strips, meter, lancing device, lancets, batteries, carrying case
Don’t Miss: What Rice Can A Diabetic Eat
The Bayer Contour Next Ez Diabetes Meter Kit Offers Superior Technology
The Bayer Contour NEXT meter offers superior technology for exceptionally accurate results patients can depend on and share with their health care team. These results can help guide patients and health care providers in making decisions about diabetes management. This may include dietary changes as well as adjustments in the administration of insulin and medication. The results of blood glucose testing may also have an impact on a patients safety. With the Bayer Contour NEXT meter, a single blood sample is evaluated 7 times for a higher level of accuracy.
How Much Does Contour Next Ez Cost With Insurance
Contour Next Ez is a non-prescription medical device, so it is not covered as a prescription drug. Some insurance companies will cover blood glucose monitors as a medical device. However, the brands covered will vary by insurance plans. Some insurance plans will only cover generic or low-cost blood glucose monitors. Contour Next Ez and its testing strips are in the higher price range for glucose monitors. If Contour Next Ez is covered by your insurance, the copay may be high.
If you have a prescription for Contour Next Ez, consider using a SingleCare discount card. Ask your pharmacist to compare it to your SingleCare cost. Contour Next Ez costs only $23.06 with your SingleCare coupon, which may be lower than your cost with insurance.
Recommended Reading: What’s The Best Diet For Type 2 Diabetes
Who Should Get Tested For Current Infection
The CDC currently defines four instances where COVID testing is recommended:
Contour Next Ez Meter Kit Features:
Insert the test strip and test your blood glucose level it’s that simple
Fast, 5-second countdown with tiny sample size 0.6 L
No Coding technology eliminates inaccurate blood glucose test results due to miscoding
Sip-In Sampling helps you get the right amount of blood on your first try.
Multi-pulse technology evaluates a single sample 7 times for exceptionally accurate results.
Identify trouble spots with personalized HI/LO target range and summary of your blood glucose test results.
See effect of food choices on your blood glucose levels with pre-meal and post-meal markers.
More tracking knowledge with 7-, 14- and 30-day averages of your blood glucose levels.
Contour Next EZ Meter Kit Includes:
- Contour Next EZ Blood Glucose Meter
- User Guide and Quick Reference Guide
- Bayer’s Microlet 2 Lancing Device
- 10 Microlet Colored Lancets
- Logbook and Carrying Case
This combo includes 1 Contour NEXT EZ Glucose Meter Kit + 1 box of 100 Contour NEXT test strips
Recommended Reading: Dry Fruits For Diabetic Patients
Contour Next Ez Diabetes Testing Kit Review
Contour NEXT EZ Diabetes Testing Kit is one of the most affordable, accurate and consistent glucose monitors ever available. The Contour Next One is also smart connected with an app that allows for storing the data notes and graphing, ideal for long term trends. An adjustable lance that makes pain management system easy while reliable strips are never wasted, remain affordable and are widely available. This is a real all round winner.
The wireless capabilities of this glucometer set it apart from the competition, but the Contour series is already well established, showing this is more than just a smartphone gimmick.
The already impressive meter adds lots of data metrics which allow you to get a broader image of your blood sugar levels over time in a clear graph with lots of detailed information which you can add in to manage your longer term targets.
CHECK PRICE ON AMAZON
Bayer Contour Next Ez Meter Features:
- EXCEPTIONAL ACCURACY
- Sip-In Sampling helps you get
- the right amount of blood on your first try
- Multi-pulse technology evaluates a single sample 7 times for exceptionally accurate results
- Identify trouble spots with personalized HI/LO target range and summary of your blood glucose test results
- See effect of food choices on your blood glucose levels with pre-meal and post-meal markers1
- More tracking knowledge with 7-, 14- and 30-day averages of your blood glucose levels
- Easy-TO-USE FEATURES
- Insert the test strip and test your blood glucose level it’s that simple
- Fast, 5-second countdown with tiny sample size 0.6 L
- No Coding technology eliminates inaccurate blood glucose test results due to user miscoding
- As always All Diabetes Meters at Wholesale Price At diabeticcorner.com
Recommended Reading: Why Does Diabetes Affect Feet
People With Diabetes Can Start Using The Bayer Contour Next Meter Right Away
The Bayer Contour NEXT EZ Diabetes Meter Kit is ready for people with diabetes to start testing their blood glucose levels immediately. The kit includes the Bayer Contour NEXT blood glucose meter with 10 Bayer Contour NEXT test strips, Contour Next Level 2 Control Solution, a User Guide and Quick Reference Guide. The kit also contains Bayers Micro let 2 Lancing Device and 10 Micro lets, Colored Lancets along with a logbook and convenient carrying case.
Contour Next Ez Blood Glucose Monitoring System Features:
- This glucose monitor has No Coding technology means one less step in the testing process and eliminates errors due to user miscoding
- Insert the test strip and test your blood glucose level its that simple
- the diabetes monitoring system has an Easy-to-read display
- Second-Chance Sampling allows you to apply more blood which may help prevent wasting test strips and may help to save money
- Sip-In Sampling helps you get the right amount of blood on your first try
- Glucose monitor Identify trouble spots with personalized HI/LO target range and summary of your blood glucose test results
- More tracking knowledge with 7-, 14- and 30-day averages of your blood glucose levels
RN:001350S00795H02, MCK: 2349017, UPC: 30193755301, SD: 944850, 7553
Don’t Miss: Type 2 Diabetes Blood Sugar Range
Contour Next Test Strips Features:
- High-performance test strips with next generation accuracy.
- Multi-pulse technology evaluates a single blood sample 7 times for exceptional accuracy.
- No CodingTM technology automatically sets the correct code so there’s no chance of inaccurate results due to a miscoded meter.
- Sip-In Sampling quickly sips in your blood sample.
- Tiny 0.6 µL blood sample.
- 5 Second Test Results
How We Rated Glucometers
4.8 to 5 stars: These are the best glucometers we reviewed. We recommend them without reservation.
4.5 to 4.7 stars: These glucometers are excellentthey might have minor flaws, but we still recommend them.
4.0 to 4.5 stars: We think these are great glucometers, but others are better.
3.5 to 3.9 stars: These glucometers are just average.
3.4 and below: We don’t recommend glucometers with this rating you won’t find any on our list.
Don’t Miss: Patho Of Type 2 Diabetes
Storage Size And Retrieval
Most glucometers store about 50 to 100 readings, but there are others on the market that can store up to 500 readings. The difference can matter for some because more readings allow you to discover patterns in when your blood glucose levels dip and rise. Dr. Goyal recommends purchasing a device with more memory storage, but only if your insurance company covers the glucometer.
How Is Testing Done For Covid
Most COVID tests are collected by a nasal swab. A member of the medical team puts a swab inside your nose for a few seconds on each side to collect the sample. After that, the samples are packaged according to CDC guidelines and tested on-site or transported to a facility for testing. The lab will test samples for the presence of the coronavirus , which causes COVID infection and either your care provider or the lab will notify you with the results as soon as they are available.
Also Check: Dangerous Blood Sugar Levels Chart
What Is Contour Next Ez
Contour Next Ez is a portable glucose testing meter. Contour Next Ez measures and records blood glucose levels from testing strips, stores the data, displays 7-, 14-, and 30-day averages, and helps diabetic patients track blood glucose levels.
The bulk of the expense of a blood glucose meter is in the testing strips, which are used once and thrown away. Contour Next Ez helps to prevent wasting testing strips by allowing for second chance sampling on the same strip if a reading can’t be made. In addition, Contour Next Ez will sound a small beep to indicate when enough blood is on the strip to help prevent users from using the strips incorrectly.
Contour Next Ez records blood glucose levels taken from a blood sample acquired by lancing the tip of a finger. The test strip is inserted into the meter. The patient lances their fingertip and touches the end of the test strip to the blood drop forming on the end of the finger. The blood is then absorbed into the test strip until the meter beeps to indicate that enough blood is present for a test. The meter will display the test results in a few seconds results will be immediately stored in the device’s permanent memory. The strip is then pulled out of the meter and disposed of.
Features Of The Bayer Contour Next Ez Diabetes Meter Kit
Now better accuracy is achievable by using a blood glucose meter that is also simple to use. People with diabetes of all age groups and backgrounds can easily use the Bayer Contour NEXT EZ diabetes meter kit. Consider some of the features this blood glucose meter provides.
- Testing blood glucose levels simply involves inserting the test strip for a hassle-free experience every time.
- The small sample size of 0.6 L means minimal blood needs to be used to get accurate results.
- Patients get instant, fast results in 5 seconds or less.
- The possibility of miscoding is eliminated due to the no coding technology that eliminates inaccurate blood sugar test results.
- With the Sip-In Sampling feature, people with diabetes can get the right amount of blood with the first try.
- The use of Multi-pulse technology means a single blood sample can be evaluated 7 times to get highly accurate results.
- The personalized HI/LO target range and summary of blood glucose test results makes it simple to instantly identify trouble spots.
- Pre-meal and post-meal markers makes it possible to see the effect of food choices on a patients blood glucose levels.
- Patients and their health care teams appreciate greater tracking knowledge to detect patterns with 7, 14, and 30-day average of blood glucose levels.
Also Check: What Size Syringe For Insulin
How To Save On Contour Next Ez
The manufacturer of Contour Next Ez, Ascensia, rarely offers Contour Next Ez manufacturer coupons or Contour Next Ez patient assistance. However, Ascensia does offer a free Contour Next Ez meter with the purchase of 50 test strips for commercially-insured patients. You will apply online and be sent a coupon. You can redeem the coupon at the pharmacy for your Contour Next Ez meter when you purchase a box of 50 test strips.
Free glucose meters, however, are a normal giveaway in the glucose meter market. They are comparatively inexpensive, but the testing strips can be very expensive over time. Contour Next Ez costs $22.87 at full price, but a year’s worth of Contour testing strips could cost anywhere from $730 to $1,752 if you test your blood four times per day.
Ascensia does offer a Contour Next Ez copay savings card, the Contour Choice card, that can save commercially-insured patients up to $105 per month on each monthly testing strip refill. Uninsured customers can also use the Contour Choice card and save up to $25 per month on each monthly testing strip refill.
You can save money by using a generic meter and testing strips. Both Up & Up Blood Glucose Meter and ReliOn Micro offer meters at the same price as Contour Next Ez with strips that cost about 36¢ per strip . Consult our generics section for more information about available generic glucose meters.
Recent Covid Testing Reviews
– Verified patient on 10/19
– Verified patient on 11/22
– Verified patient on 10/15
– Verified patient on 1/23
– Verified patient on 9/9
– Verified patient on 4/23
– Verified patient on 1/3
– Verified patient on 10/27
– Verified patient on 1/4
– Verified patient on 8/9
– Verified patient on 1/5
– Verified patient on 1/7
– Verified patient on 6/4
– Verified patient on 10/6
– Verified patient on 2/26
– Verified patient on 6/10
– Verified patient on 10/2
– Verified patient on 12/17
– Verified patient on 11/30
Don’t Miss: Low Blood Sugar And Headaches
Alternatives To Fingerstick Meters
Dozens of different fingerstick meters exist beyond just the Contour NEXT models. While many poke their fingers for blood sugar readings, many people with diabetes use a continuous glucose monitor . These are more expensive diabetes devices that have evolved since the first model in 2004. They measure glucose levels differently than a traditional fingerstick meter. Instead of checking glucose levels in a drop of blood, a CGM analyses interstitial fluid beneath the top layer of skin to generate a glucose level reading. Depending on the particular CGM device, results are generated every 1 to 5 minutes and are displayed on a separate handheld receiver or smartphone app.
Experts in the diabetes field often describe a fingerstick meters blood sugar result as a snapshot of a moment in time, whereas a CGM offers a complete picture of ones glucose trends.