Difference Between Diabetic Socks Regular Socks And Compression Stockings
|Diabetic Socks||Regular Socks||Compression Socks|
|Diabetic socks are specially designed to cater to the needs of diabetic patients. These socks are made of soft and breathable material like bamboo, charcoal, nylon, and spandex blends. These socks have extra padding at sensitive pressure points to prevent injury from friction. They are made to fit your feet optimally and are neither too tight nor too loose.||Regular socks are made of cotton and elastic. Their material and making traps moisture and prevents it from escaping from between the sock and your foot. These socks can impair blood circulation. Thus, they are not suitable for people with diabetes. These socks are stretchable and loose. They wrinkle and bunch up around your heels and beneath your toes.||Compression socks are worn by athletes to enhance their performance or to treat medical conditions like edema and venous insufficiency. Compression socks exert pressure around your legs to increase the blood pressure to pump the blood back up the veins and prevent swelling or blood clot formation. Compression socks are tight and binding, and relatively more expensive due to specific sizing requirements.|
When you have diabetes, a good pair of diabetic socks are well worth the investment. Heres a buying guide that lists out all the factors you need to consider before making your purchase. Check it out!
Extra Wide Comfort Fit Athletic Crew Socks For Men And Women Pick Your Size Do Not Size Up
- Please do not size up: It is important to use your correct shoe size for proper fit. Refer to the size chart in images
- 91% Cotton, 7% Nylon, 2% Spandex
- Wider in the Foot, Ankle and the Leg. Stretches up to 25 Inches at the Calf. 3 Pairs of Extra Wide Athletic Crew Socks
- Goes on Easy and Stays up. Comfortable, Non-Constricting.
- Perfect for People with Edema or any Condition where Feet, Ankles, or Legs are Wide or Swollen
- Proudly Made in USA!
How To Clean Your Diabetic Socks
Maintenance of your diabetic socks is imperative for the health of your feet and the long life of the socks. Be gentle while washing your socks. Some companies have come up with their line of cleaning solutions. You can hand wash the socks with these cleaning solutions. It is advisable to wash your socks with warm water without bleach and tumble dry on warm. Never wash your diabetic socks in high heat as it damages the material of the socks. Some materials, like spandex, lose their elasticity when washed with warm or hot water.
Diabetic socks are an excellent investment for people with diabetes who are looking for more comfort. If you are looking to buy a pair, do consider our list of the 10 best diabetic socks available on the market. Dont forget to share your experience with us in the comments section below.
What are diabetic thermal socks?
Diabetic thermal socks are designed to keep your feet warm with moisture-wicking technology to protect your feet against bacteria. These socks help improve blood circulation through the extremities
Can anyone wear diabetic socks?
Diabetic socks provide extra padding and are more comfortable. These socks can be worn by non-diabetic people, as well.
Are diabetic socks tight or loose?
Read Also: What Gauge Are Insulin Needles
Diabetic Socks Buying Guide
- Material: Diabetic socks are available in different types of materials, the most common being charcoal, bamboo, and acrylic. Many diabetic socks use a combination of these materials to offer the best to the customers.
- Padding: Padding is another crucial factor that you need to consider when shopping for diabetic socks. There are many socks available on the market that have padding in different areas. In case your job requires you to stand for long hours, consider buying socks that provide extra padding in the heel region. On the other hand, for athletes and people who exercise and run, socks with padding in the ball region of the foot to reduce friction are an ideal choice.
- Length And Size: Diabetic socks are available in ankle-length, calf-length, and knee-length variants. You can choose the length according to your needs. If you have circulation issues due to diabetes, go for knee-length or calf-length diabetic socks. For athletes, crew, or ankle-length diabetic socks would be an ideal choice.
- Price: The price of diabetic socks depends on their material. Copper-infused socks will cost you somewhere between $7 to $16. Moisture-wicking socks typically range between $5 to $ 20. Smart technology socks are usually a bit expensive and can cost around $20 per month.
Side Effects Of Using Diabetic Socks
There are no known or reported side effects of diabetic socks. These socks can also be worn by people who dont have diabetes to feel more comfortable. If you wear any socks that are not comfortable or are abrasive, it can cause blisters or ulcers that can take a long time to heal.
You also need to make sure that you are cleaning your diabetic socks properly to avoid infection. Heres what you need to do.
Also Check: What To Do If You Think Your Diabetic
Doctors Choice Mens Diabetic Crew Socks Black Large Sock Size 10
- FEEL BETTER with soft and comfortable full-cushioned crew socks. Non-binding tops allows for unrestricted blood flow. Full cushion helps protect against blisters and adds padded protection to prevent dangerous ulcers.
- AVOID DANGER with moisture management, wicking synthetic fibers that regulate temperature and keep feet warm to aid circulation.
- EASY ON soft wide stretch construction provides a relaxed fit that is easy to pull and off. Loose fit reduces constriction around the leg and diminishes likelihood of rings.
- SEAMLESS TOE FOR NO BUNCHING OR ABRASION for blister-free safety. Avoid injuries associated with neuropathy and numbness.
- RELAX AND ENJOY LIFE without worrying about your feet. Doctors Choice circulatory socks have all the medically recommended features to keep your feet healthy. Built with the right yarns, proper cushion, seamless toe, and soft stretch, non-binding topsyou can focus on your day and not your socks. Live comfortably and content in Doctors Choice. Accurate sizing Large: Sock Size 10-13. .
Medipeds 8 Pair Diabetic Crew Socks With Non
Seller:seacorcora497.5%, Location:Haverhill, Massachusetts, US, Ships to: US & many other countries, Item:164696836103MediPEDS 8 Pair Diabetic Crew Socks with Non-Binding Top Black. MediPEDS 8 Pair Diabetic Crew Socks with Non-Binding Top Black. Condition is “New with tags”. Shipped with USPS First Class. Condition:New with tags, Brand:MediPeds, Type:Socks, EAN:0071400027096, Style:Black, Department:Men, MPN:8579, Size:Shoe Size: Men 7-12 / Women 10-13, UPC:071400027096, Color:Black See More
- Popularity – 1 watching, 1 day on eBay. Normal amount watching. 1 sold, 2 available. More
Also Check: Medical Management Of Diabetes Mellitus
Diabetic Socks For Mens Womens Loose Fit Non
- PREMIUM QUALITY: Debra Weitzner diabetic socks offer a combination of quality, comfort, and style. Our socks are breathable, soft, and well-fitting, making it the perfect choice for men and women.
- LOOSE FIT AND NON-BINDING: These excellent diabetic ankle socks are physician approved and highly recommended for people with diabetes, edema, and neuropathy caused by circulatory problems. Its loose fit and non-binding top will allow your blood to flow unimpeded, boosting blood circulation.
- OPTIMAL PERFORMANCE: We design our socks with optimal performance. Although it has a loose fit top, the socks will stay up and not sag. The ultra-soft and breathable material is what makes it great to wear all day long. Its all about your comfort!
- MATERIAL AND SIZE: Socks are made from 90% cotton, 7% Elastane, and 3% Polyester. Our loose fit diabetic socks are available in 3 sizes: 9-11 10-13 13-15 . Size numbers indicate the number of inches the foot measures from heel to toe.
- SATISFACTION GUARANTEE: If our socks do not meet your expectations contact us directly and we will make sure to accommodate you accordingly. Your satisfaction is our utmost importance!
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Gentle Grip Socks Made For Comfort
Gentle Grip socks are designed to stay in place without compromising on comfort. Our unique Non-Binding HoneyComb Top gently holds the legs without restriction avoiding irritating and unsightly compression marks. Available in a soft touch cotton, a smooth silky bamboo and a thermal wool blend there are plenty of options to choose from in a multitude of colourways, patterns and designs. IOMI FootNurse offers a range of specialised health and wellbeing socks designed to aid feet, ankles and legs including a Diabetic Gentle Grip sock option with extra smooth toe seams. In addition the range offers cushion foot Diabetic socks, Extra Wide Oedema socks for Lymphoedema, Fluid Retention and other conditions associated with swollen feet and ankles, Flight socks, Energising Compression socks, Toe socks, Plantar Fasciitis socks and more.
Also Check: Does Diabetes Affect Your Stomach
Sign Up To Our Newsletter
Benefits Of Diabetic Socks
- Their permeable material wicks away excess moisture and prevents bacterial and fungal infections.
- They keep your feet warm, thereby improving circulation.
- They provide extra cushioning to sensitive areas of your feet to prevent injury.
- These seamless socks prevent the risk of blisters or rubbing, which can lead to foot ulcers.
- Diabetes socks are mostly white. This helps you notice a wound that is draining easily.
- They do not bunch up or wrinkle.
- They provide mild compression for better circulation.
Shopping for diabetic socks can become quite a challenge with the number of options available on the market. The price and the features will play a decisive role in your buying decision. We have compiled a list of different types of diabetic socks to help you make an informed choice. Take a look!
Don’t Miss: Insulin Pump Basal Rate Calculator
Yomandamor Mens Coolmax Ankle Wide Stretched Diabetic Socks With Seamless Toe5 Pairs
- These socks come in a ankle length 5 pairs socks contains Machine wash Sock Size:10-13
- Coolmax Fibre : Designed to keep your feet smelling great while preventing fungal infections like athletes foot. And best of all, theyre extremely breathable and moisture-wicking too
- Suits for All Season : Theae socks made of coolmax blend bamboo fiber. The unique fabric is perfect all year round. It will keep your feet cool in warmer months and help insulate heat during colder temperatures
- Seamless Toe & Solid Durable : Truly seamless toe, eliminates bulky toe seam, reduce the risk of infection, foot pressure, blistering. Specially made for sensitive feet.Reinforced heel and toe helps provide superior resistance and outstanding durability
- Wide stretched Top : Wide stretched top design makes the ankle lighter, more comfortable and breathable. Gently conforms to your feet without squeezing or restricting blood circulation.
Big And Tall Diabetic Neuropathy Ankle Socks King Size Mens Athletic Quarter Socks 6 Pairs
- DIABETIC ANKLE/QUARTER SOCKS: Men solid color diabetic big and tall ankle socks. Non-Binding great for blood circulation. Loose fitting comfort wont constrict your feet and slips on easily over swollen ankles and feet. The absolute best pair of socks for people who suffer from edema, diabetes and neuropathy.
- THERAPEUTIC CUSHIONING: Get all day comfort from these soft therapeutic ankle length diabetic socks of king size. Great for walking and will help prevent swelling in the feet and ankles. If you have circulation problems these socks will help improve blood flow by reducing the amount of constriction around your calves and ankles.
- PREMIUM QUALITY: Constructed with high quality ring spun cotton with just the right amount of stretch. Machine Wash/Dry for easy care. Keeps their shape and stretch through many washes. Soft breathable material is ideal for people who wear shoes and socks all day long. Keeps your feet comfortable all day long.
- GREAT VALUE: Get a value pack mens diabetic quarter length socks at an affordable price. This perfect blend of fibers reduces pain and swelling and makes a great gift for your loved ones.
You May Like: Long Acting Insulin Side Effects
Best Diabetic Socks To Check Out
Debra Weitzner mens Diabetic Socks are made of 90% cotton and offer a unique combination of quality, comfort, and style. These non-constricting socks feature a loose knit design. The extra padding on the socks provides proper cushioning. They help boost the blood circulation and, hence, are perfect for people with diabetes, edema, and neuropathy caused by circulatory problems. Mens diabetic socks size 13 15 are also available.
The socks are equipped with built-in vents and help wick away moisture and keep your feet dry, healthy, and cool. Their antimicrobial fabric also helps reduce bacterial growth. Debra Weitzner Diabetic Socks are available in a variety of colors and sizes.
Dr. Scholls Diabetic Crew Socks are perfect for people with diabetes and circulation issues. Their soft and non-binding construction gently conforms to your feet and does not constrict circulation. Their moisture-wicking and anti-odor technology help keep your feet dry and odor-free. They are made of 91% polyester, 8% nylon, and 1% spandex.
The super-soft toe seam and cushioned sole of these socks provide all-day comfort to sensitive feet. The American Podiatric Medical Association approves Dr. Scholls Diabetic Socks, which come with a one-year guarantee. Each pack of these socks contains four pairs of socks, and they are available in womens shoe sizes 4-10.
Medipeds Mens 8 Pack Diabetic Crew Socks With Non
- 63% Polyester, 35% Polyester, 2% Lycra Spandex
- Machine Wash
- Non-binding top
- Cushion sole protects feet
- Lycra spandex offers the ultimate fit and helps hug feet, reducing slippage which could cause blisters
- Satisfaction guarantee-if you are not completely satisfied with your peds product, simply return them to us for replacement
Recommended Reading: Type 2 Diabetes Occurs When
Types Of Diabetic Socks
What Are Diabetic Socks
Diabetic socks are specially crafted socks for diabetes patients. These socks help keep your feet dry, reduce the risk of a foot injury, and prevent the slowing of blood circulation. Diabetes socks are made of materials with high permeability to wick away moisture. They are seamless, which helps reduce neurological discomfort. Diabetes can cause your feet to swell up, and wearing socks made of elastic material can worsen the situation. Therefore, diabetic socks are made of non-elastic material to avoid constriction.
Lets now check out the best diabetic socks available on the market.
Also Check: How To Care For Someone With Diabetes