My Contour Meter Is Displaying An ‘e3’ Code What Does This Mean
My CONTOUR meter is displaying an ‘E3’ code, what does this mean? An E3 Error Code means the meter is sensing that blood has already been applied to the test strip . What to do: Please make sure you see the flashing blood drop on the display before adding the blood sample. Ensure that you are using a clean, new strip each time you If issue persists contact Customer Support at 1-800-348-8100. Please tell us how we can make this answer more useful. The information brought to you by Ascensia Diabetes Care US, Inc provides general information. It is not intended to be used as medical advice, diagnosis or treatment and should not replace the advice of your Healthcare Provider. 2016 Ascensia Diabetes Care US, Inc. All rights reserved. Bayer , the Bayer Cross are trademarks of Bayer. CONTOUR, No Coding, the No Coding logo , Sip-In Sampling, Second-Chance, the Second-Chance logo are trademarks of Ascensia Diabetes Care US, Inc. Ascensia Diabetes Care, 5 Wood Hollow Road, Parsippany, NJ, 07054 United StatesContinue reading > >
Cvs Health Advanced Glucose Meter
- Meter basics. This glucose meter is a small, bean-shaped device that could easily fit in your pocket or a small purse, even when inside its case. It comes packaged with a lancing device, 10 lancets, user manual and quick start guide, carrying case, and two 3-volt lithium batteries. Once you apply a small drop of blood to the test strip, you receive results within 5 seconds.
- User reviews. This meter received mixed reviews on the CVS website. Many reported inaccurate readings in some cases, results that were wildly off, whereas others only noticed a difference of 10 to 20 points to comparative readings. Some reviewers noted that the problem could be due to user error because this meter requires the blood drop to be placed at the very end of the test strip, where it can be quickly sucked up into the right spot.
- Its not spot-on accurate, so if you are looking for something that will always be accurate within a few points, this device isnt it. However, I test it regularly against my Verio meter, and they are pretty much always within 20 points of each other. This is OK for getting a general reading, and I didnt expect anything more. Spencer
- It has not disappointed. I have had no problems testing and have not had to waste any test strips. Not sure why so many others have been having problems. Next time, I will get the version with BT technology so I can upload data to my phone. Ray
True Metrix Go Blood Glucose Meter
- Meter basics. The Walgreens True Metrix Go is a clever, highly compact meter that actually snaps onto the top of a test strip vial, so you have everything you need all-in-one. Like its partner model, the True Metrix Go meter uses a 0.5-microliter sample to deliver blood glucose readings within 4 seconds. It also offers a 500-test memory, 7-, 14-, and 30-day averages, and data downloading capabilities.
- User reviews. This meter received high reviews, averaging 4.8 out of 5 stars from a dozen reviews on the Walgreens website. Users love its small size that makes it easy to always have a glucose meter on their person no matter where they go.
- This meter is extremely small and I was skeptical at first, but this has been the best meter as it is so portable, and ease to take with you when you just dont have the space or desire to drag around the typical blood glucose meter and strip pouch. Just attach to top of strip vial, slide on the sleeve and lancing device and your good to go. Tom
- Works great. Easy to operate. That in itself is a very big deal. I like that it fits on top of the test strips canister, good idea. Roger
Also Check: Normal Blood Sugar Levels For Gestational Diabetes
Customer Questions & Answers
4.6 out of 5 stars
Customer Reviews, including Product Star Ratings help customers to learn more about the product and decide whether it is the right product for them.
To calculate the overall star rating and percentage breakdown by star, we donât use a simple average. Instead, our system considers things like how recent a review is and if the reviewer bought the item on Amazon. It also analyzed reviews to verify trustworthiness.
5.0 out of 5 stars
Accuracy Evaluation Of Five Blood Glucose Monitoring Systems: The North American Comparator Trial
Go to: Abstract This study evaluated differences in accuracy between the CONTOUR® NEXT EZ blood glucose monitoring system and four other BGMSs . Methods Up to three capillary blood samples were collected from 146 subjects with and without diabetes. One sample per subject was tested with fresh blood the other samples were glycolyzed to lower blood glucose to < 70 mg/dl. Meter results were compared with results from plasma from the same sample tested on a Yellow Springs Instruments 2300 STAT Plus glucose analyzer. Blood glucose monitoring system accuracy was compared using mean absolute relative difference and other analyses. Separate analyses on fresh samples only were conducted to determine potential effects of glycolysis on MARD values of systems utilizing glucose-oxidase-based test strip chemistry. Across the tested glucose range, the EZ had the lowest MARD of 4.7% the ACAP, FFL, OTU2, and TT had MARD values of 6.3%, 18.3%, 23.4%, and 26.2%, respectively. For samples with glucose concentrations < 70 mg/dl, the EZ had the lowest MARD , compared with the ACAP , FFL , OTU2 , and TT systems. The EZ had the lowest MARD across the tested glucose ranges when compared with four other BGMSs when all samples were analyzed as well as when natural samples only were analyzed. Keywords: accuracy, blood glucose monitoring system, diabetes, glucose meterContinue reading > >
Don’t Miss: Is Diabetes 2 An Autoimmune Disease
Error Code 0 True Metrix Meter
this is what the pharmacy give my mom for her testing, since she is on medicare. she has been having a terrible time with it. More than 50% of the time, she get’s an E-0 message on the meter. I’ve searched the internet, with no luck as to what Moderator T2 insulin resistant Using Basal/Bolus Therapy There should have been an instruction booklet in the box. If you no longer have it, call the manufacturer and ask for an instruction manual. “Invalid hematocrit”? That’s an odd error message. It doesn’t say what’s wrong , if it’s your fault or the meter’s fault, or if you need to be concerned. Medicare pays for all different types of strips. I use a Bayer Contour USB meter and the only time I ever get an error message is when I put too little blood on the strip. does your mom use a Medicare Advantage Plan or does she use original Medicare. You can call them and they will tell you what strips they cover. She should not use a meter that is difficult to use. 115 pounds, Breast Cancer dx’d 6/16, 6 months of chemo and 6 weeks of radiation 2000 metformin ER, 100 mg Januvia,Glimperide, Prolia, Gabapentin, Meloxicam, Probiotic with a Prebiotic, , Lisinopril, B-12, B-6, Tumeric, Magnesium, Calcium, Vit D, and Occuvite mostly vegan diet, low fat and around 125 carbs a day, walk 5-6 miles every other day and 1 hour of yoga and light weights.Continue reading > >
Top Reviews From The United States
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
5.0 out of 5 stars1.0 out of 5 stars
Disclaimer: While we work to ensure that product information is correct, on occasion manufacturers may alter their ingredient lists. Actual product packaging and materials may contain more and/or different information than that shown on our Web site. We recommend that you do not solely rely on the information presented and that you always read labels, warnings, and directions before using or consuming a product. For additional information about a product, please contact the manufacturer. Content on this site is for reference purposes and is not intended to substitute for advice given by a physician, pharmacist, or other licensed health-care professional. You should not use this information as self-diagnosis or for treating a health problem or disease. Contact your health-care provider immediately if you suspect that you have a medical problem. Information and statements regarding dietary supplements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease or health condition. Amazon.com assumes no liability for inaccuracies or misstatements about products.
Read Also: Best Powdered Drink Mix For Diabetics
True Metrix Blood Glucose Meter
- Meter basics. The Walgreens True Metrix also uses a 0.5-microliter sample to deliver blood glucose readings within 4 seconds. This meter offers a 500-test memory, alternate site testing, 7-, 14-, and 30-day averages, event tagging, and the ability to download your data to a computer.
- User reviews. This meter received an average of 3.9 stars out of 5 from 368 reviews on the Walgreens website. While 75 percent of the reviews are positive overall, many users reported inconsistent results and unreliable test strips that often lead to error messages.
- This blood glucose monitor is really compact and easy to carry anywhere without it being too bulky or heavy. The readings are quick and has memory with the dates which is really helpful for statistics and the display is large and easy to read. It gives an error code sometimes and works again with a restart. But most of all I love that it has alerts, in case you forget to monitor. Sunny
- I love the fact that this meter can monitor glucose in the blood with such speed and accuracy. My stepfather is new to having diabetes and was in need of a reliable meter to check his blood glucose now, he and my mother love the quick and accurate results that they receive every time. Rika
Relion Premier Classic Blood Glucose Monitoring System
- Meter basics. The ReliOn Classic is an easy-to-use meter that displays results within 5 seconds. The Classic model has a 500-test memory, can provide glucose averages, and has a low blood sugar indicator that will alert users when they are experiencing hypoglycemia.
- User reviews. Reviews are generally positive for this meter, receiving an average of 4.3 out of 5 stars out of 282 ratings on the Walmart site. Many people reported it being fairly accurate, but some also noted slightly higher readings in comparison to their other meters.
- I like the ReliOn Premier Classic Blood Glucose Meter because the ease of using. It doesnt take much blood for a sample. The control solution is a great way to be able to test your strips. The alarm is a handy reminder to test your blood. A very nice feature. The memory is a great feature also because you can go back and look at your reading levels or use the phone app. Chantill
- Works well, and inexpensive. I got the same reading as with a meter and strips costing easily 5 times more. JMW
Don’t Miss: How Can Diabetics Improve Circulation In Legs
True Metrix Air Glucose Meter
How Accurate Is The True Metrix Air?
According to Trividia Health, testing has shown the system exceeds the ISOs accuracy standards. 99 percent of results from healthcare professionals were within limits defined in the ISOs standards.
How Many Test Results Can The True Metrix Air Store?
The True Metrix Air can store up to 1,000 test results. When the devices memory is full, the oldest result will be replaced.
What Battery Does The True Metrix Air Use?
This glucose monitor uses a single 3V lithium battery, which should last for roughly 1,000 tests or one year.
How Do You Calibrate The True Metrix Air?
The glucose monitor can be calibrated by doing a control test before testing blood glucose for the first time.
The Benefits Of True Metrix Blood Glucose Test Strips
Specially designed blood glucose test strips are made to work seamlessly with the blood glucose meter. Typically True Metrix strips come in a box of 50. These strips offer advanced technologies such as a complex algorithm, chemistry, and electrodes. The test strips are made to work seamlessly with the self-monitoring blood glucose system for better diabetes management and confidence in results. These innovative test trips offer a variety of features including:
- a tiny 0.5 microliter blood sample to reduce discomfort during blood glucose testing.
- the ability to detect the sample size, sample environment, and control solution.
- the test strips can also analyze environmental and physiological factors as well as correct hematocrit/temperature for the highest level of accuracy and interpretation.
Also Check: Normal A1c Levels For Diabetics
True Metrix Pro Blood Glucose Monitoring System Uses
The TRUE METRIX PRO Blood Glucose Monitoring System is intended for the quantitative determination of glucose in human whole blood taken from the fingertip or forearm or from the vein . The system is not to be used for neonates. The system is intended for multiple-patient use in professional healthcare settings.
How Do I Change The Date And Time On My Nipro True Metrix Air
Or is it? Having the wrong time, or date, on your Nipro TRUE METRIX AIRcan cause issues when trying to sync with Glooko. By following a few easy steps you can make sure your data is there when you expect it to be. In order to change the date and time on your Nipro TRUE METRIX AIR, simply follow the below instructions. With meter off, press and holdthe circular button located on top of the meter until the full Display is shown and a series of beeps sound . Release the circular button. Meter will go into Set Up mode. The hour flashes. To change, press the left/right arrows located on top of the meter to select the correct hour. Like many alarm clocks, to set AM or PM, scroll through the hours until AM or PM appears in the Display. Press the circular button to set. The minutesflash. To change, press the left/right arrows located on top of the meter to select the correct minute. Press the circular button to set. The month flashes. To change, press the left/right arrows located on top of the meter to select the correct month. Press the circular button to set. The dayflashes. To change, press the left/right arrows located on top of the meter to select the correct day. Press the circular button to set. The yearflashes. To change, press the left/right arrows located on top of the meter to select the correct month. Press the circular button to set. NOTE: Meter beeps every time a setting is confirmed Continue reading > >
Recommended Reading: Diabetic Symptoms Include All Of The Following Except
Nipros True Metrix Air Consumer Glucometer Fda Cleared
Nipro Diagnostics won an FDA clearance for its TRUE METRIX AIR glucose meter. The TRUE METRIX AIR glucometer uses Niproâs TRUE METRIX test strips that utilize the companyâs so-called TRIPLE SENSE TECHNOLOGY which corrects the measurements for both hemacrotic levels as well as for the ambient air temperature. The device can be paired with a smartphone to drop the readings into it for easy later review of sugar levels. TRUE METRIX AIR will mostly be sold and marketed under the brand name of the retail store chains that sell them, though Nipro will also be producing the device under its own TRUE brand name. It should be available for sale in retail stores as well as via mail. Source: Nipro Diagnosticsâ¦Continue reading > >
Treating High Blood Pressure
How high blood pressure is treated must be determined by your physician and care team, and will depend on your age, overall health, level of hypertension, and tolerance of medications.
Like anything to do with treating diabetes and its associated conditions, the first step to dealing with hypertension is to sit down with your doctor.
Visit our website to shop for glucose meters, test strips, lancets, insulin syringes, pen needles, infusion sets, continuous glucose monitoring systems , ketone test strips, blood pressure monitors, and much more. Choose from leading manufacturers, including FreeStyle, Dexcom, Accu-Chek, True Metrix, One Touch, Contour Next and many others. Enjoy free delivery to your home or office with every order. Hear what our satisfied customers have to say and start saving now at Diabetic Warehouse.
Diabetic Warehouse is a trusted supplier of diabetes care products and accessories. For more information and to explore a complete range of products, including glucose meters and test strips, insulin syringes, pen needles, continuous glucose monitoring systems, and more, visit www.diabeticwarehouse.org.
Don’t Miss: Gluten And Diabetes Type 2
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item
Disclaimer: While we work to ensure that product information on our website is correct, on occasion manufacturers may alter their ingredient lists. Actual product packaging and materials may contain more and/or different information than that shown on our website. All information about the products on our website is provided for information purposes only. We recommend that you do not solely rely on the information presented on our website. Please always read the labels, warnings, and directions provided with the product before using or consuming a product. In the event of any safety concerns or for any other information about a product please carefully read any instructions provided on the label or packaging and contact the manufacturer. Content on this site is not intended to substitute for advice given by medical practitioner, pharmacist, or other licensed health-care professional. Contact your health-care provider immediately if you suspect that you have a medical problem. Information and statements about products are not intended to be used to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease or health condition. Amazon.co.uk accepts no liability for inaccuracies or misstatements about products by manufacturers or other third parties. This does not affect your statutory rights.