Where To Buy The Accu
Roche Diabetes Care offers direct purchase online, including a subscription option to get the amount of test strips you need delivered regularly.
You can buy or subscribe to that Accu-Chek Guide program here. Roche Diabetes Care also offers a SimplePay savings program to help people in need afford the meter and strips at a discounted price, either online or from a local pharmacy.
Make sure to check with your health insurance plan about any coverage details for the Accu-Chek Guide meters and test strips. Your insurance plan may sometimes offer savings compared to buying these products directly or over the counter at retail prices.
Factors That Affect Blood Glucose Meter Accuracy
Although you should follow the instructions provided with your meter, with this guide, youll learn what impacts the validity of it and tips to ensure youre getting the most accurate result possible. An array of things can impact your readings, from the temperature to the testing location, as well as:
How To Choose A Blood Glucose Meter
There are many blood sugar meters to choose from, so start by thinking about what’s most important to you. Ask yourself a few questions.
- Are you concerned about accuracy? Make sure you’re using a meter and test strips that provide accurate results. Roche quality control processes ensure consistent accuracy. Find out more about our accuracy commitment.
- Do you use blood glucose results to dose insulin? The Accu-Chek Guide meter sends results directly to a smartphone app that includes an insulin calculator.5
- Do you feel like you’re always short on time? A system that syncs your data wirelessly, without manually entering results, can save time with every test. You may also want to consider a blood glucose meter that gives results quickly, makes it easier to handle test strips, doesn’t require coding, or simplifies lancing or dosing.
- Would you like to reduce the pain of testing? Choose a system with a lancing device specifically designed for comfort, such as the Accu-Chek FastClix lancing device. Precision-guided technology minimizes the lancet’s painful side to side motion and thin-gauge, bevel-cut lancets help ensure smoother entry. Plus, 11 customizable depth settings make it easier to get the right amount of blood the first time.
- Will you track results in the blood sugar meter, with an app or on a computer? Most blood sugar monitors have built-in memories, and many can beam or transfer data directly to your computer or an app on your smartphone, such as the mySugr app.
You May Like: Why Does Diabetes Affect Feet
Should You Choose The Accu
The Accu-Chek Guide is an excellent glucometer that’s paired with a superb strip holding SmartPack. The accuracy of the unit is excellent, while blood collection is easy thanks to clearly marked strips and the addition of an auto-on strip light.
Bluetooth connectivity and app support from not one but two app options makes data analysis clear and easy. In fact the whole unit is easy to use right from the start. Some might find the lack of colour display or basic design aesthetics less pleasing but in reality these aren’t massively important factors to most people. While Accu-Chek makes a few meter options we found Guide to be one of the best for all round ease of use, smart functionality and portability. The simplicity also makes this an ideal glucometer for anyone new to blood glucose measuring.
Works Very Well Don’t Understand All The Bad Reviews
I have been using my Guide for nearly 4 years. Over that time it has worked very well, the results are repeatable and align closely with the Contour Next that we also have, and also my new Dexcom G6 . The only time I have got errors was when I _knew_ I had too little blood but for whatever reason failed to re-stab myself.
Bluetooth pairing has never been an issue, and the data is transferred to MySugr without issue. I did, on a couple of occasions, think th…
I have been diabetic for 18 years and i’m afraid to say this is the worst piece of Garbage i’ve ever used The strips give Errors much of the time the Battery life is very short the design itself makes it awkward to hold The Lancet is awkward and it’s unreliable used it 4 times one after the other and got a different reading every time within 0.5-2.0 constantly loses pairing with the App and the case is a cheap load of rubbish that holds nothing in place. going back to my reliable one touch select
Purchasedat NHS Given.
Don’t Miss: Strict Diet For Diabetes Type 2
What Is The Normal Range For Blood Sugar
In general, the American Diabetes Association’s recommended blood sugar levels are9:
- Between 70 and 130 mg/dL before meals
- Less than 180 mg/dL after meals
Your range is yours alonebased on your health, age, level of activity and other factors. And remember that your target is a range you’d like to stay within, not a single number.
Worst Machine For Senior Badly Packed Strips Very Difficult To Put Back In Pouch Very Difficult To Use
Worst machine for senior, badly packed strips ,very difficult to put back in pouch . Very difficult to use because of its tight pouch. Will never recomemmend to seniors or disabled people .
Purchasedin at Chemist Warehousefor $69.
Been using this for about 30 tests. I still have difficulties in putting the pricker back in position. Both are jet black and have no location marks to aid me. I have to give it to my wife to do and she generally manages it.The other thing that’s hard is to locate your finger between the 2 small lugs above the sensor strip.It comes up with error 5. Seems it does not like bright lights. In order to get my little finger in a correct position, I need to hold it up to the light.So I cannot use my little finger to test. So 50percent of my test…
Read Also: Where Do You Give Insulin Injections
Why Is It Important For A Blood Glucose Meter To Be Accurate
Blood glucose meter accuracy is important for several reasons:
- Improved reliability in your data and trust in your current diabetes management plan.
- Helps you understand and/or anticipate potential lab results when going for your A1c checkup.
- Lets you know what impacts your blood sugar:
- Did that glass of wine last night have a significant impact?
- Did you experience a spike or drop in blood sugar after that amazing Zumba class?
- Is there a connection between your stress and blood sugar?
Accu Chek Guide Me Blood Glucose Meter
Pickup at St Marys StorePlease Note: Shipping is calculated manually for out of Sydney and Interstate locations. Please select ‘Pickup at St Marys Store’ and a quote/invoice for shipping will be emailed.Pickup Pennant Hills
Notify me when back in stock
Checking your blood glucose doesnt have to get in the way of your life. The AccuChek Guide Me system is designed for quick, accurate1,2 testing, so you can get your number without giving it a second thought. The new AccuChek Guide Me system is designed to be simply easy for quick, accurate testing.
Please refer to the Users Manual provided with your Accu-Chek Guide Me meter. The battery door is opened by inserting a narrow object into the slot to open the battery compartment by pushing the tab in the direction of the arrow and lifting the door up.
Large , easy-to-read display. Simply see test results.
Proven accuracy – fulfills the EN ISO standard 15197:2015 and delivers even tighter 10/10 accuracy1,2
Automatically log results to your phone. Quickly track blood sugar, meals and more on the mySugr app
Wide test strip dosing area just a small drop of blood
Spill resistant vial designed to hold strips tightly in place
1. EN ISO 15197:2015. In vitro diagnostic test system requirements for blood glucose monitoring systems for self-testing in managing diabetes mellitus.
Be The First To Review This Product!
ABN: 21 441 670 731
Terms & Conditions
Read Also: Can You Get Insulin For Free
See Health And Safety Information
The Accu-Chek Guide Link blood glucose meter system is intended for patient self-monitoring by an individual person only. It must not be used to collect blood from more than one person as it does not incorporate any features to guard against cross infection.
Keep batteries out of reach of children
- Choking hazard. Small parts. Keep away from children.
- Keep new and used batteries away from children. Ingestion or insertion into the body may cause chemical burns, perforation of soft tissues and death. Severe burns may occur within 2 hours of swallowing. If you think a battery might have been swallowed or placed inside any part of the body, seek medical attention immediately.
- If the battery compartment does not close securely, stop using the product and keep it away from children. Contact the Accu-Chek
Test Strip Quality And Compatibility
This is a major one. If you can, use the test strips of the same brand as your meter. Some third-party products are compatible with branded meters, but not always. Using an incompatible test strip can cause inaccurate or error readings different manufacturers have their own processes for developing their test strips. Test strips also come with expiration dates dont use strips beyond the expiration date. Lastly, beware of using test strips that are unauthorized for sale or that were previously owned.
You May Like: Free Type 2 Diabetes Meal Plan
Auto Control Medical Meter Pins
Below is a list of PINs included in the reimbursement program and the amount that will be paid for them.
Table 1. Auto Control Medical Meter PINs
|Bionime GM 100 Meter
A custom class called Auto Control Meter has been added in the Drug Folder for each of these PINs to ensure appropriate pricing is submitted to TELUS Health Assure.
Standards And Quality Control
The Food and Drug Administration sets standards for manufacturers who produce blood glucose meters in the United States and the International Organization for Standardization develops and publishes standards on a global scale. A position statement published in January 2019 compared the standards for blood glucose meter accuracy set by these two organizations. Lets a take a look at the standards for the home-use of these devices:
- FDA: Readings are 95 percent accurate within 15 percent for all readings within the usable blood glucose range and 99 percent accurate within 20 percent for all readings within that usable range. The term usable in this case means the range of blood glucose values where the meter has proven to be accurate.
- ISO: Readings are 95 percent accurate within 15 percent of blood glucose equal to or above 100 mg/dl and are 95 percent accurate within 15 mg/dl for readings under 100 mg/dl.
Manufacturers, themselves, also have quality control protocols and standards. For example, Accu-Cheks strict manufacturing processes ensure their products meet uncompromising standards of quality.
Connectivity And Mobile App
This is the second Low Energy Bluetooth meter from Roche Diabetes Care. The Accu-Chek Aviva Connect meter launched in 2015, but has been discontinued. You can pair the Accu-Chek Guide meter with the Accu-Chek Connect mobile app. The pairing allows you to have your glucose readings automatically sent to a smart phone.
It doesnt allow for connectivity to other third-party digital platforms, nor does it specifically talk with CGM systems or insulin pumps currently available.
Roche Diagnostics Meter Pins
Below is a list of PINs included in the reimbursement program and the amount that will be paid for them.
Table 1. Roche Diagnostics Meter PINs
|Accu-Chek Mobile Meter
A custom class called Roche Diagnostics Program has been added in the Drug Folder for each of these PINs to ensure appropriate pricing is submitted to TELUS Health Assure.
You May Like: Sex And Diabetes Type 2
Submitting A Claim For The Abbott Reimbursement Program
To submit a claim for the reimbursement program:
From the Workbench or the patient’s Profile tab, for the patient using the following information:
Enter the Prescriber.
Enter the appropriate DIN/PIN in Drug Name, as per Table 1. Abbott Meter and Lancet PINs.
Qty Auth = 1 for a monitor or the appropriate quantity for lancets
Qty = 1 for a monitor or the appropriate quantity for lancets
SIG = TEST AS DIRECTED BY PHYSICIAN
DS = 1 for a monitor or the appropriate quantity for lancets
Select Process. The prescription opens in Rx Detail.
Enter A3/CA in the Bill field.
If you are in a province that requires a government plan as the first payer for DUR purposes, ensure it is entered in the Bill field in front of A3/CA .
The overall pricing should match the total reimbursement amount for the PIN, as per Table 1. Abbott Meter and Lancet PINs. Verify the remaining information in Rx Detail and make any necessary changes.
Continue to process the prescription as usual.
Ensure all required supporting documentation is scanned and attached to the prescription for record keeping and audit purposes.
Bluetooth Wireless Connection To Your Proex System
Bluetooth wireless connection to your ProEX telehealth device or compatible smartphone, keeps your important information at your hand where and when you need it eliminating the need for a paper diary.
Along with proven accuracy, features like the spill resistant vial, wide test strip dosing area, strip port light and strip ejector button can help make every day glucose monitoring easier. The Accu-Chek Guide Blood Glucose Monitor has a measuring range of 0.6 mmol/L to 33.3 mmol/L to provide better management and tracking.
Available as a kit with 200 lancets with 200 test strips , or with 100 test strips .
Additional lancets and test strips available.
- Proven accuracy that exceeds current ISO standard
- Connects wirelessly to Visionflex ProEX telehealth devices
- Have the option of transmitting results to the Accu-Chek Connect diabetes management app on your compatible smartphone using wireless technology
- No more strip confettithe spill resistant vial helps you remove one strip at a time
- Wide test strip dosing area apply a small drop of blood anywhere along the wide yellow edge
- Receive glucose readings in less than 4 seconds
- Monitor in all light conditions, thanks to a bright, backlit display and a strip port light
- Eject used test strips from the meter with the push of a button
- Enjoy virtually pain free lancing with the included Accu-Chek FastClix lancing device
Recommended Reading: When Is Insulin Prescribed For Type 2 Diabetes
Gaining Insights From Routine Blood Glucose Testing
Day-to-day blood sugar checks can give you a good idea of how you’re doing at this moment, and they can be reviewed overall to see trends. They can help answer questions such as:
- Are your medications working as they should?
- How does the type or amount of food you eat affect your blood sugar?
- How does activity or stress affect your blood sugar?
Top Ten Reviews Verdict
The Accu-Chek Guide is a compact, capable and highly accurate meter from a big name provider of both glucometers, strips and lances to work with them.
Could be better looking
The Accu-Chek Guide is a compact meter with a large display that offers deep features presented with the greatest simplicity. From the Bluetooth connected app support to non spill vials, there’s plenty to like about the Accu-Chek Guide, and it ranks among our best glucose meters . Accu-Chek has been around for years and as such has succeeded in refining its blood glucose meter to offer the combination of superb accuracy, portability and depth of detail.
The test strips are of particular note since they’re all about you only having to use one to get the results needed. That should all equate to a clear picture of your sugar levels with minimal hassle and pain, and lower cost.
Also Check: 1000 Calorie Diabetic Diet Plan
Customer Questions & Answers
4.6 out of 5 stars
Customer Reviews, including Product Star Ratings help customers to learn more about the product and decide whether it is the right product for them.
To calculate the overall star rating and percentage breakdown by star, we donât use a simple average. Instead, our system considers things like how recent a review is and if the reviewer bought the item on Amazon. It also analyzed reviews to verify trustworthiness.
1.0 out of 5 stars
How To Test Your Blood Sugar
To check your blood sugar level, gather your blood glucose meter, a test strip and your lancing device. See how to prepare the meter and test strip, lance your finger and get a reading using the Accu-Chek® Guide Me system by watching the video or following the steps here:
The steps are similar for many meters, and generally look like this:
Read Also: Fresh Figs And Diabetes 2